Thursday, November 12, 2009

Six Months Later...

I update again. Wow. I was pretty good at the blogging thing for a while, but truth be told, life got in the way, and the little time I have keeps me from writing. I decide I'd rather spend my time hanging out with my kids and husband, and don't spend any time updating the blog. I'm a little sad about that. How many things have I not recorded, or written about, ruminated about or taken time to ponder. I look back at the posts from a year + ago and I think to myself - at least I will remember something of life during those hectic days.

That's what I've been thinking a lot about lately - the speed of life and how fast time goes. My oldest is 5 years old. Five! Alex is three and my baby is going to be two in a few short weeks. The baby that I wrote a lot about when I was expecting her. I hope I don't regret keeping track of the days - I'm sure I will. "They'll never remember, you'll never forget - that's the old adage of moms...

I have been thinking a lot this week about how unnecessary all of the technology is that we subject ourselves to on a regular basis. All the Facebook, internet, etc. etc. No one writes anymore. No one sends a friend a letter or note just to see how they are doing. It saddens me, when I think that 50 years ago, that's how people communicated. They looked forward to going to the mailbox to hear from near and dear friends. I go to the mailbox to get junk mail. And bills.


So how can I choose to simplify my life, and get back to the basics of life and humanity? God did not intend for us to be solitary creatures who sit in a room staring at a screen. We were created to be caring and embracing - loving and connected. I want to get better at it. I need to make the commitment to start. Now...