Tuesday, April 24, 2007

And Baby Makes Three...

It's been a busy few weeks, as many of you know. Jeff and I are just starting to recover from the miles upon miles driven, and it doesn't look to slow down anytime soon. This week, we both are BUSY with our Masters work. The semester is wrapping up and we both have large assignments to do. Actually, let me correct myself. Jeff has A large assignment. I have MANY large assignments. I guess its a mix of procrastination and being busy, but I have put off too much to then end. I just hope I can get it all done. And, this weekend, we head out to Dickinson for my great-aunt and great-uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. It should be a great time. We will see Katie and her family, swim some, and maybe head to the zoo.

So, the title of today's blog....Baby makes three! We are pregnant with our third child. I have known for awhile, but with my history, I wait to tell people. I had my 10 week visit yesterday, and all looked well. There's a little one with a FAST heartbeat just growing and growing! I am excited, anxious, nervous, happy and scared. I was such a wreck on the way to the appointment yesterday! I was never that nervous for any of Alex's appointments! I think I just was worried that I had miscarried again. But all looked well, and hopefully, all will continue to!

So, along with the nerves, I have all kinds of feelings. Like - what will I do if it's a Girl! How do I come up with a third boys name? How do I not sleep for another few years? What will I do if its a girl :) How do I NOT gain 80+ pounds? What do I do to NOT be a wreck and drive my Dr. crazy? What do I do if it's a girl? LOL. People who do know have asked if we are really hoping for a girl, or if that's why we wanted a third. I don't understand that. I just think any baby is such a gift. I don't know why there has to be a motive for wanting to have a baby. Now granted, # 3 wasn't planned (FYI Alex wasn't either!!!) but we certainly weren't trying just on the off chance it would be a girl. It's not up to us anyways! I still am convinced I am meant to be a mom to boys...we'll see in November.

Also, as a side note. Does anyone have any great ideas for names??? In fact, lets make this a question of the day... What would be your picks for a boys name and a girls name for Paulson child 3?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is all I can say! I am so excited for you guys!!!!!!!!! I kind of had a feeling something was up because I haven't heard from you in awhile and that almost always means baby news!!!! Praying for you that all goes well, we both know you are in great hands. So now that you told me can we have dinner?

Girl or boy, he/she will be adorable and you would survive with girl if I am learning to survive with a boy!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS again!!!! Now that I have gathered my thoughts I better get back to work!!!!!!!!!!!

Names? I am still traumatized from having to come up with Reagan's name. I'll think about it.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I picked up on your little secret in our conversations.....we are soooo happy for you!!! A girl would be lots of fun....but boys are the best!!! We can't wait to see you this weekend!!

Katie and the boyz

Anonymous said...

Annika or Terrilynn for a girl.
Guy or Wesley for a boy.
(I know, I'm weird :)

CONGRATS!! Praying for a healthy, happy baby.

Ginny E.

Latha said...

Glad all is well!!! That's great news!!! Of course I am thrilled for you and Jeff!!!

OK so names... I like Ginny's idea of Wesley. I love that name. But I suppose you are looking for ideas so I will also throw in Walter. I like old names.

for a girl... Beverly. Or Caroline.

Hopefully somewhere in-between 4 and 10 lbs this time ;)

Laura B. said...

Andrea -- - Wow. Congratulations. I'm very happy for you and Jeff and your two darling little boys!

(I don't know about names. Adam and I aren't even sure about our future children's names :)

Erin said...

Congratulations Andrea and Jeff! Such very exciting news.

Hmmm... names... I really like Ava for a girl and Louis for a boy. Those are just the first 2 names that came to me.

Take good care!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I started reading your blog thinking that is really great for you. Your attitude towards life, your family and children is inspiring. This child will be a blessing just as much as the others. As far as names go... when I read your question the first name that came to mind was Emily. Baby boy names I couldn't tell you. Maybe God is telling us something heh? Best Wishes for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for your entire family..I look forward to a new great niece or nephew...
Names- Boy- Aiden or Wakely
Girl- Krystal or Karleigh

I'm looking forward to spending time with your family this week-end. Will be fun with four little boys..
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

ROSS:

if its a boy: Wesley "WES" Paulson


if it a girl: Andra Paulson :)

or Laura Paulson