Last Saturday was Jeff's 30th birthday. We had a great surprise birthday party for him on Friday night. About 25 friends and family were there to wish him a happy day.



On Saturday, we drove to Mpls where I interviewed for a teaching position in...Las Vegas.
The interview was pretty generic - nothing like I've ever experienced before. I guess the rumor that the Vegas area will hire anyone who can talk and has a pulse must not be too far off. But, I did get a great compliment from the guy who interviewed me. He is an administrator at one of their schools and said that he would love to have me on his staff if he has an opening. He told me that I am obviously passionate about education and a lot of what I believe is nicely in line with what he hopes to do in his school. He is the take over administrator - his school has failed to meet AYP for 5 years --- so change is his game, and talking to him --- wow he has some great plans and is forward thinking and tough enough to make it work. It was really neat. But, I don't know if we'll end up there.
I have also applied for 7 other positions around the area. One is in the school I so desperately want to be at. I have subbed there for 4 years, I like the school, staff, students, etc. But there are no guarantees there either. So, Jeff and I have decided that if that school falls through and nothing else in this part of the country happens, then we will move.
In all of this, I am so fortunate to have a few things on my side.
First, Jeff. He's been so supportive. He keeps telling me that my resume, cover letter, etc are exceptional and he is SURE that I will get multiple interviews and offers this year - what a sweetie. He's really picked up the slack I'm making in the child rearing/house hold department while I spend so much time searching. And he's great when I am at the end of the rope.
Second, my profs who are so, so awesome. I have three of the greatest former/current professors who have written such positive and forceful (in a great way) letters of recommendation. I read one and almost started to cry!!! That she thinks so highly of me and wrote such positive words meant a lot. I've had such great conversations with these profs. and my adviser that are really keeping me afloat, so thanks to Lynn, Camille, Erin, Boyd, Bryan --- it means so much. And, the fact that they are letting my work be a tad late this month is even better :)
Third, we have great family and friends - thats all there is to say! These people are being so encouraging, and while all of them say that they don't want us to move - they are being so positive.
Finally - Faith. I can not imagine how crazy I'd be going if I didn't believe that what's done is done and after that - it's in the hands of God. I have no control over the end result and I keep saying to myself, as a reminder - that God has a plan. If I was able to believe that and carry on during the years of miscarriages, losses, scary pregnancies, etc...then I know that it will carry me now.
I remind myself, as we head into Holy Week ---
Amazing Love/ How can it be
that you my King would die for me/You died for me
Amazing Love/I know it's true
It's my joy to honor you/In all I do
Let me honor you
2 comments:
How true, Andrea! I am anxious to see the plan that God does have for you!
Best of luck....
Wow, Andrea! What an exciting and nerve-wracking time in your life. I appreciate your willingness to let God lead the way.
Looking forward to hashing it all over with you in a couple of weeks! :-)
Post a Comment