Friday, April 25, 2008

No Go...

So, I didn't get the job. Long story, long week, long face. But I am trying very hard to put it in perspective and realize that it wasn't meant to be and that there is a reason. I can deal with that. In fact, I didn't even get upset when the principal called tonight. I thanked him for giving me the chance to interview, asked what he could do to help me, and said I just appreciated the chance to share my ideas. He told me how much he appreciated how well I was taking the news. If they feel they made the right choice, then great and I know that it will be good for the school. Only problem is that I really like him, and looked forward to having him as a potential boss...

What I am having a harder time with is feeling that I won't get a chance anywhere. I really, really felt that if this one didn't work out, I don't have much of a prayer anywhere else. They say in education, it's not what you know, its who you know - and frankly, I don't know anyone else. So I have shed plenty of tears over the fact I may not even get another interview, and if that's the case, then what the hell do I do?

I subbed in the district today, and had a great 1/2 hour conversation with the principal who called me this evening to tell me I didn't get the job. He talked with me at length about how I'd make a great admin/superintendent or that I should really teach college. Problem with this? Yeah, I gotta get 3 years in somewhere, ANYWHERE, before I can do either of those two. So, again, I am left going "now what." Fortunately, he said he'd be willing to call any district I apply to, and explain why he couldn't/didn't hire me (it's complicated). And, he also said he'd write me a new letter of recommendation. I feel bad for him - I think he had a harder time calling me than I had getting the call...

I just keep thinking to myself that this will build character. I know that during the time we were losing babies, it made no sense, but that 4 years later, I hold my three kids and it fits...God has a plan. It is awful, and hell and doesn't make sense while you're going through it, but in time, He makes it clear why it goes the way it does! Perspective, right?

1 comment:

Laura B. said...

I'm really sorry, Andrea. This must be really difficult, but I trust something will work out, too. Your attitude is inspiring.

I'm thinking of you - -