Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What a Ride!

It has been an amazing two weeks! Amazing, invigorating, stressful, exciting, busy and fun. We started by heading out to SD with my cousin and her family on June 12. We had a great time going to Mt. Rushmore, touring SD, picnicking and letting the kids play. When we got home that Sunday (fathers day!) we had to get ready for the next big adventure: mommy starting her job.

I started last week and it has been awesome. As I wrote on my Facebook page, I work at an awesome church, with awesome people, whose only mission is to love and praise God and spread the message of Grace, Mercy and Peace. I am really having a great time. Last week I put in 45 hours. This week will be closer to 50, but it's so exciting to be doing something that feels "right."

This week has been especially exciting, because it is Faith Factor week. The theme this year is Dive In, and the entire week has been about all of the meanings and messages of water as they pertain to Christianity. We have events scheduled for the kids, the youth and teaching time for the adults. Lucas has gone each night and just loves it. I am appreciating the opportunity to get to know a lot of the kids I'll be working with. And --- I get to go to Mexico on a mission trip at the end of July. Very, very, very cool!

The kids are adjusting quite well to my working. We have been good about spending all of our time when I am not working just hanging out and being outside. The weather has (finally) been good in our area, so suffice it to say - lots of time has been spent on walks, in the park and around the pool! Have a great week and weekend!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Amazing, Andrea! I'm so happy for you!

Keep on loving life!