Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mexico Prep and other randomness

So, I leave for Mexico in 6 Hours. I can't sleep. I'm nervous, I'll admit.

Aside from that, we had a great week. Jeff and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. 9 years already. We had a great night and really enjoyed recalling all of the things we've enjoyed, the challenges we've overcome, fights we've had, compromises we've made, 3 kids we have, babies we've lost, and the fact that 9 years later - we're still best friends, and a great team. We cherish that we are still so in love and thank God for the things He's given us and the lessons we've learned from the hidden blessings of some of the hard times. I can't imagine going through my life without Jeff by my side. I am so blessed...

The kids had a good week. Lucas turns 4 next Sunday and Lisa turned 8 months today - baby girl is 8 months... Wow. Alex is starting the two's - not so awesome - but a good reminder to us to take the time to listen to what he is trying to say and make sure we work with him on his speech. They say the two's are tough, because of the language development - add to that the speech issues he has as a result of the cleft, and it's making for a struggle. But we just keep encouraging him to talk - he's doing great.

Pray for my travels this week - and my piece of mind. Pray that God helps me put it in His hands and let go of my control/anxiety issues...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Happy and safe travels to you, Andrea! I look forward to hearing about this adventure.

Laura B. said...

I'll be thinking of you, Andrea. I hope you have an amazing time!