With working so much, we are making a conscious effort to make the weekends count. I think we succeeded yesterday! We had a wonderful day as a family. Of course that means that the house is a disaster, but Jeff assures me that my standards are too high and as a result a disaster to me is immaculate to most people...okay, whatever!
So, what did we do - well, really, my idea of a great Saturday! We got up early, went out to breakfast as a family - which went surprisingly well despite horrible service. The kids did fantastic while we waited 50 minutes for food (no joke!). We are REALLY not the type to complain, but it was not easy for two little boys and a baby to wait that long! After that, we took the kids to Toys R Us for a "Day with Thomas" event, where they read stories. We bought each of the kids a little treat and purchased the movie "Cars" for the boys. This is the 3rd copy we've owned - hopefully we'll be able to keep this one from little hands :)
After Toys R Us, Lucas got to spend some time with Grandpa Lyle and they practiced riding his new bike while Jeff, Alex, Lisa and I did some errands and visited a few homes on the parade of homes. That was a lot of fun. We saw some nice homes, but for the price - yeah, we'll stay put for at least a bunch more years. It's fun to dream though!
In the evening, Jeff and I took the boys to a hockey game. The Fargo Force is the new team here -it's a USHL team. Alex was in heaven, Lucas was a little unsure. He didn't like the checking and loud noise of the puck, but it was fun to be there as a family! Lis got to spend some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa, but we look forward to taking her with in the future.
Today we cleaned out the storage room...icky. One of those jobs you keep putting off but needs to get done. YUCK. So much cat hair and junk everywhere. Of course this makes it sound like I live in a pigsty, but that's where the cat resides and we had gotten into a really bad habit of just tossing stuff in there when we are done with it. So now, it's clean, vaccumed, dusted and I can access the fall decorations... I hope I actually get to those tomorrow. My favorite time of year and I haven't gotten the pumpkins out yet.
Looks like scrapbooks will have to wait another week, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I had to wait 3 hours for the backups (see previous posts) to load on to the new computer - might as well clean!
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment