September 27th. Wow. Already? How did that happen? It's been a great month. So great I can't even remember it. Between the start of confirmation, a Jr. High retreat to bible camp, and two hayrides in a row, it's been busy. I can't keep up!
The kiddo's are keeping busy. We've been going for walks often and spending a lot of time with family. This time of year always makes me savor family time. Many evenings a week we head over to Jeff's parents and spend a little time there. We've also been over at my mom and dad's often. My grandparents were just in town last week, and we enjoyed a few evenings there as well.
Today, we were barely at home. Jeff and I desperately needed a new bed. BAD! Ours is at least 10 years old (we got it second hand when we got married) and we've been waking up with sore backs and limbs for a bit too long...that makes us sound old, but really, we didn't pick the bed out! So, we spent most of the day shopping for a bed and it'll be delivered this week. We also took the kids to the farmers market and they each picked out a pumpkin and helped us pick out some other fall decorations.
This week is going to be a little on the slow side, I think. I am really hoping to spend some time at home. I think I'll keep the kids here for some of the day on my days off! And, I am taking Thursday, Friday and Saturday OFF - OFF - OFF. I've been working 45 + weeks most of the time lately, so I think I've earned it. I just have to get my head wrapped around this ministry stuff. The people at the church keep telling me to take comp days, but I just am struggling with it seeming like I'm not working. Clearly, I'm having a hard time adjusting to the salary thing. With teaching, I had to be there M - F 7:30 - 4:30. 'Nuff said, right? This position has such strange and sporadic hours, but I still feel like I need to be there every day during the week. I think I just have to get over my fear of looking lazy...it'll come!
1 comment:
I don't think anyone would ever think you are lazy, Andrea!
I'm glad you guys got a new bed. Incredible, huh?! We're still paying for ours, but it's worth it. (We had my great-grandma's......!)
Enjoy your time off. Also, happy birthday!! I'll never forget our dinner at Union Station (closed now :() the first year of college!
Post a Comment