Sunday, January 25, 2009
Roller Skating.
I went rollerskating for the first tie in 15 years this weekend. Wow. A few things to note - the Skateland here hasn't changed AT ALL. Which isn't necessarily a good thing, given that 15 years ago it hadn't changed since being built in the '70's. Same ridiculous decor, ugly bathrooms and skates with orange wheels! But - it was a lot of fun. On Friday, Brandon (my new co-director) and I took the junior high youth. On Saturday - the senior high. It really was fun. I spent the greater part of Friday reminicing about all the DRAMA that happened there when I was in junior high. Of course, that was the place to be when I was in junior high - and, well, yeah - drama! It's also the place where I "swooned" over my very first "boyfriend." (Okay, so we were in 8th grade, it was sweet and innocent...but, I digress). I realized that all those times in 8th grade that we hung out in the "dark corner of privacy" holding hands...yeah - that wasn't private. Things look much different as an adult!!! :) I also realize that I don't know any songs that are on the radio - but, I sure did jam when Backstreet Boys came on! I had a good time. Despite not being home with the kiddos, it was a chance to relax and be a kid again. And, I can still rollerskate pretty darn good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We used to roller skate all the time when I would go see Auntie Carla and Uncle Jim up on the Air Base- your description of the rink sounded disturbingly familiar.
Roller Skating is still the only sport I can do that requires any significant balancing ability.
I rocked out to Mmm Bop.
Oie.
Post a Comment