Hello, to no one, because I haven't sent this to anyone yet!
Nonetheless, I do plan on it, and because of that, I realize I haven't done a very good job at keeping up!
We have had a busy couple of weeks. The kids have been had colds (yuck!) and the weather has been COLD. I can't believe that it is already February. Time goes so fast, and you never even realize that it's flying by. I looked at Alex today, taking tentative steps (while holding on to the fireplace, of course!) and can't believe how fast 10 months has gone. I think because he had such struggles in the beginning, we didn't savor the moments of his early days; we were too caught up in teaching him to eat, and soothing him when he was colicy, or recovering from surgery. And Lucas, with each day he says more and more, and his personality develops...wow!
I have spent a lot of time over the last few weeks thinking about some of my friends, both old and new. And, as part of my new year's resolution (aside from losing 30 lbs) I want to try to reconnect with people, both those I haven't seen for some time, and those I see on a regular basis. I came to the realization, as sad as it is, that I haven't done such a great job of keeping in touch. I am the worst for calling people, and I sometimes don't think to email. So, basically I am a crappy friend. I do think that some of it has to do with being busy, but maybe it stems back to the days of having no friends, that fear of rejection, and insecurity. So here's to you, all of you women who have been and continue to count me as a friend, for better or for worse. To those of you from the past, who I haven't seen in a LONG time, to those of you close by (you know who you are :) I promise to do better.
I hope you all do as well...we women have to stick together in this world!
No comments:
Post a Comment