So Jeff and I have spent the last few evenings watching the Olympics. We are really into swimming (Go Michael Phelps!) and gymnastics. Track and field starts next week, and that's what Jeff is waiting for. It's been a lot of fun, actually - especially watching the swimmers break world records and seriously, we just watched a couple young men nail their high bar routines. I was actually cheering.
SO why the title. I get really irritated by the interviews. Really, how many more times do I have to listen to some idiot ask Michael Phelps "What is going through your mind right now?" Grrr. This questions drives me insane! Can't they come up with anything else? ANYTHING would be better than that question. Like "Was the pool cold when you dove in?" Or maybe "Did you see any algae on the bottom of the pool" or "What is it like to race against a fellow American." But no --- it's always "What is going through your mind right now?" What do they THINK he'll say? I think I'd answer that question with the question "I just won my umpteenth Gold Medal and that's the best you can come up with!?"
Sorry about the mini rant (Jeff and I are laughing as we write this, so it's all in good fun), but I think I will email NBC and ask them to please tell their reporters to come up with something a bit more interesting for the interviews!
Until then - Go USA gymnastics! Have a good night... we have to go check WUnderground and see if we're getting a flood.
1 comment:
This made me smile this morning! What a good point. I haven't been watching, but yeah....I can see how it would be irritating!
Thanks for the kind words you left for me on my blog the other day, Andrea! I really appreciate that you took the time! I miss you :)
Post a Comment