Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mexico

Wow. It's been a few days since I returned, and I have been spending the days decompressing -- and trying to get some sleep. A lot of people have asked me how it was, and I am basically speechless. I can't really describe what happened (it would take too many PAGES) but I can say a few things.

1) I am blessed. I love my family, I love where I live, I have so much to be thankful for. Thank you Jesus!

2) Mission: Mexico changed my life. I don't know how, why or to what capacity, but I will go back with my kids from Atonement and continue to work in that area for the church. I am changed.

3) Mission work has allowed me to let go of some of the anxiety and fear I too often feel and stress about. I spend too much of life worrying. I need to stop worrying and instead thank God for everything I have and realize that my life is in His hands. Since returning, I have a new outlook on anxiety and life is too short to spend hyper analyzing and worrying about things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you, Andrea, and hear about your trip in person! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful experience-- (from Laura - )

Erin said...

Sounds like an amazing trip, Andrea. I'm so glad you had the experience and plan to continue the work you've started down there!

Take care!