Sunday, May 27, 2007

All Done

Being on the road. Being Sick.

We just got back tonight from Iowa. What a LONG weekend. The drive today took 10 hours, giving time for 4 stops to accommodate the boys' need to get out and stretch. I would say that it was a great weekend - for Lucas, Alex and Jeff. Not so much for me. I got terribly ill - terribly!

On Friday night we got to Albert Lea, MN and stayed in a very nice hotel. We checked in, unpacked quick and got into the pool. That was so much fun. We got Lucas water wings and he was floating and swimming up a storm. Alex had his own little pool toy and he floated and swam around...it was a lot of fun. We got back to the room, ordered dinner (which turned out to be a HUGE mistake) and enjoyed a good sleep.

Then Saturday came. We hit the road for Iowa and and really did have a fairly good drive...but then something didn't feel right. Referring back to the HUGE mistake - we ordered Friday's dinner, and I got fish, which I didn't realize was not completely cooked until AFTER I had eaten most of it. As a result, I ended up being a 15 week pregnant women, nauseated from the drive and stricken by a bad case of food poisoning. I managed to squeeze in 1 hour of Nya's grad party, before I hurried back to the hotel room for a miserable day. I have never, ever, ever been that ill before, that I can remember. Oh, my gosh, it was awful. I got so nervous at one point I made a long distance call to my doctor to make sure the pregnancy could withstand how ill I was. One $17 phone call charge later, I felt a little better just knowing #3 was okay, but that didn't last long.

I remember Katie (my cousin) telling me about a bad case of food poisoning she had after Chinese food when she was pregnant - and that she can not even eat Chinese food anymore - I now know what that's like! It was awful, and really depressing. I had really been looking forward to seeing all the Paulson clan again. They are so much fun, and instead, I ended up stuck in bed in a nice hotel bed with crappy cable, a bucket close by, 10 hours from home...icky. But, Jeff really had a great time with his cousins, I did get to see Nya for a few minutes, meet Grace, and talk to Ginny (Nya's mom) so I am happy about that. And fortunately, they were all very, very understanding of how I was feeling!

Speaking of pregnancy, I had my Dr. appointment on Friday morning before we left, and all looked good. Dr. D says that we'll see him again in 4 weeks for the ultrasound. We also learned that paying 3.29/gallon isn't that bad. He, his wife and kids just got back from Europe - 6.00/gallon! Ouch. He said they used public transportation - lol.

Tonight and tomorrow, we have QUIET planned, with no more traveling. I think tomorrow, we'll take the kids to the park, and tackle the laundry that built up this weekend. No need to clean house - it's already done! (Refer to "I've Been Tagged" post for that one :)

Have a great Memorial Day!

No comments: