

I actually got a lot of the green off yesterday, and today it's just a matter of wetting the walls down and getting the gluey layer off. As you can see, Alex was 'helping' mommy yesterday! He took great delight in peeling off parts of the wallpaper!
This morning the boys and I went out shopping to determine what the new "theme" of the kitchen will be. Because our living room is tan, red and black, I think we'll kind of do the same color scheme in the kitchen. I found some wallpaper border with a coffee/cafe motif, so I think we'll go with that. This redo is a temporary fix. We are planning to do a major gut/remodel/addition in a few (read: 5+ ) years! We want to add a sun room, change our laundry closet to an actual room/mudroom, add a third stall to the garage and rework the kitchen so it's a little more workable and open. I actually really like the layout now, but in the picture above, the wall with the green paper divides the room in half - I wanna open it up and let the light in!
So today, it'll be ripping down wallpaper! After I get the boys down for a nap, which I think I'll do right about now !
1 comment:
Your kitchen plans sound great. Happy wallpaper stripping---We're getting ready to do that with our living room!
Post a Comment