Thursday, March 22, 2007

Busy Days

I can't believe how fast this week has gone. This is the first chance I've had to post...

Last weekend, my cousin Katie and her family was in town. They came over to our house and her boys and ours played together. We enjoyed pizza, conversation, and later, Lucas and I went swimming at the hotel. Her brother, David, was also up from Arizona and it was good to see him again. Sunday was a quiet day - but Jeff was busy. He and his dad spent most of the day trying to install a new garage door opener. With 2 little boys, we needed an opener that had an automatic reverse! Monday we had Alex's first year pictures. He was such a cutie. As soon as I get the proofs, I will try to load a picture - I'll have to dig out the ol' scanner! Tuesday I headed out to Hawley to sub - I love being out there. What a great school and great kids.

Tonight I have a big presentation for my masters class. I spent all of last night (until 3 am!) working on the powerpoint presentation, and most of this morning finishing the paper. The presentation is on curriculum mapping, and I really enjoyed putting it together, and learning more about mapping. As I work on my masters, I realize how much I miss being in the classroom, and it occurs to me that I may never teach again. I sure hope that is not the case...

This weekend is going to be wonderful, as we have NOTHING planned. I'll be busy with church on Sunday morning, but that's about it! Maybe Jeff and I will try to squeeze in a movie. It won't be much longer before the weekends are gorgeous... and busy! I know three in April are already booked, as are 2 in May! But, I am ready for spring.





I saw a robin on Sunday and the rapidly melting snow has me really looking forward to spring and summer - though the last few days have been grey and gloomy, the hope and promise of a beautiful spring, with new life is so encouraging.

1 comment:

Laura B. said...

I love the picture of the robin, Andrea!

I'd love to learn more about curriculum mapping. Erin's talked a little about it, and I know our school is in desperate need of more communication between grade levels. Congrats on working so hard on your presentation!

I'm also excited to see pics of Alex!

I hope you enjoyed your morning!
Take care :)