Monday, March 5, 2007

Puppy Chow

For all of you that are already moms, I know you have been there. For those of you who are not yet, you will be...

Last night, I made puppy chow. I love it. The peanut buttery, chocolaty, powdery goodness, that makes me throw my 30lb resolution to the wind and just eat! I love it so much, I just leave it out on the counter on wax paper so I can nibble constantly (weight watchers calls that BLT's -bites licks and tastes!)

Today, after putting Alex down for his morning nap, Lucas and I came downstairs to play. I logged on to the computer to check my email and flight prices for our anniversary trip in July. I thought Lucas was still down here with me...I was wrong. I heard a small crash and went upstairs. In the kitchen, my precious, precocious 2 1/2 year old is sitting on the floor covered in puppy chow. It was EVERYWHERE! All over the counter, in the oven, and seriously covering every square inch of my kitchen floor. And, as you know, puppy chow is bathed in powdered sugar...which means there was a thin film of white powder everywhere as well. Lucas had his cars and a cup with him and upon me asking what he was doing, stated "The cars have to eat."

There comes a time as a parent, when you know that you should scold, but all you can do is laugh... I will be cleaning up powdered sugar for the rest of my life!

1 comment:

Laura B. said...

What a funny story!

Adam and I bought puppy chow Friday to celebrate our day off of school. Every time I ate some, I had sugar all over my black shirt!