
Today is Jeff's 29th birthday. We won't get to see him today, because he works and tonight he has school. So, tomorrow we will be celebrating, although he opened his presents from the boys and I last night. He was surprised to get gifts (usually we don't exchange gifts), but he liked them. We got him pajama pants, season one of "The Office", and Borat. Now, Borat, though funny would NOT be my choice for a movie to own, but he LOVED it! We are going to celebrate with his mom and dad on Saturday, and then we are going to have a night to ourselves! I can't remember the last time we slept past 7:00am.
As it is his birthday today, I find myself thinking a lot about how much we have changed over the past 12 (!) years. I can't believe that when we started dating, he was only 17. But at 29, he is still so much the man I fell in love with all those years ago. I admire Jeff for the husband he is to me, the wonderful provider he is (AKA - I don't have to work!) and the outstanding father he is to our boys. Looking back to that time, I could never have imagined where the road was going to take us. We have been on a wonderful roller coaster of life. Lots of good times, plenty of tough times. But we have done it all together, and I am proud of that. Not many high school sweeties make it this far. I am especially proud of how we have dealt with our problems bearing children and then the difficulty once they were here - Lucas' NICU stay, and Alex's cleft. Now I am not bragging about how wonderful and great we are - I hope none of you think that. I just am proud of how far we have come together!
So, as I wrap this up today, I am so happy that I have known Jeff for so long (we actually first met when he was 15) and I look forward to where we will be in another year and more...
Happy Day, All!
No comments:
Post a Comment