Friday, June 1, 2007

Doesn't Feel Like June -

It is so gloomy and rainy today, I am having a hard time believing it's actually June. Normally, June arrives sunny and gorgeous. Not so today. It's been really gray all week. At least today it's actually raining, which makes me a little more okay with the cloudy skies. It's just when it's gray with no rain, I get pretty depressed. We could use some sun, though the rain is good for my garden.

Speaking of which, this is the first year Jeff and I have had a garden, and it's going well. The corn is all up as are the zucchini and summer squash plants. The peas and Brussels sprouts are looking great. And, my peppers and tomatoes seem to have made a miraculous resurrection from the family of rabbits that ate them! The only things that didn't make it up where the onions. I tried those from seed - next year we'll use sets. It will be really fun as the plants grow and start producing veggies - it will be neat for the boys to see how you can plant something, watch it grow and get such wonderful rewards.

Tonight, Jeff and I are going to try to get out on a date. It's been a long time since we have gone out, and though we'll be on a week long date to DC in July, that's 7 weeks away! So, hopefully, we can get to a movie and enjoy a quiet dinner!

Have a great weekend. I know we will. We get to meet our puppy tomorrow. We won't bring her home for another few weeks, but it's definitely something to look forward to.

No comments: