What a week! Tuesday my roommate from college, Laura, came to visit. It was SO wonderful to see her again...and the fact that it had only been 3 months made me feel like we are gradually making progress at getting together more often :) We had such a wonderful visit, and could have talked for hours, and hours, and hours...We just have to get together again soon - I am sure we will! Thursday was the ultrasound, which I already posted on, Friday was LOTS of homework, and then it was the weekend. Thank goodness!
We had a great weekend - busy and hot, but great nonetheless. Saturday morning, Jeff got up and played golf. I stayed home and relaxed with the boys. My sister-in-law asked me to help them paint a couple of the rooms in their new house. It was fun, frustrating and hot! Sherill had chosen a green color for Jenai's room, and it just wasn't turning out, so we headed to the paint store, got another color, and worked on that...frustrating - because it isn't fun when colors don't look like you think they will! Ian's bathroom turned out fun. They're using a "Cars" theme, and all of the walls look kind of like flames! After a bristling day painting with no breeze and lots of sweat, I went home and Jeff and I took Lucas to a movie - he made it about 45 minutes! We won't be going to a movie again with kids for about - oh - 10 years!
Sunday Jeff went golfing again, came home, mowed the yard, and then we went golfing with Lisa and Steve. It was hot! Windy! We all felt like we had windburn. Much like frostbite, except you are just HOT! Lis and I decided that from now on, we won't think when we golf, and our game will improve :) Despite the heat and wind, we had such a good time! After golf, we drove out to get our new puppy, Molly! She is so cute, and already somewhat trained. She hasn't messed in the house yet, and only cried for about 1 hour last night when we put her in her kennel for bed. The boys just love her. We'll have to work on the gentleness thing, though. They are a little rough, and though they're just trying to play, the poor thing needs a break! I'll have to post pictures later this week. The camera has been doing some weird stuff lately, so we have to get that figured out before our DC trip. Hopefully some new, better quality batteries will be the answer.
This is the last week for my summer classes, so I have a lot of homework to do. I have learned a lot over the past few weeks. Despite the frustrations, I value the fact that I am able to further my education. We'll see if I still feel that way after all the work is done!!!
Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment