We had Lucas' preschool conferences today, and I am happy to report that he is doing well and improving daily in his classroom behavior and development - I want to let out a sigh of relief. All fall I have been concerned that maybe we started him early, he wasn't ready, he may be too young, etc. But today, his teachers made us feel that he is making great strides and progressing very well! Whew!!! I feel that I can relax, just a bit - now I know that we don't have a problem child. Actually I always knew that, but as a parent who is in education, I was so worried about his behaviors, if he'd be labeled, and so on, but his teachers really drove home that he's a normal 3 year old boy! And, he's almost potty trained now too!!! That just happened in the last week -
I've been sort of struggling with these changes. As he grows, he grows away from me, independent and I go back to his room when he was a little baby, rocking him to sleep - call it nostalgia! But really, it's amazing how fast these years go. I have to take in every moment. And, as we await the arrival of a new baby, the fact that he is three and how much of a big boy he is will be even more pronounced.
So a prayer: God, help me to cherish every day, teach me how to hold on to memories, and lead me to help him grow and let go.
1 comment:
I love that you're blogging more lately, Andrea! Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts as you await your new baby---and watch your older babies grow!
Post a Comment