Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Long Day - No News

What a day. I was supposed to have an ultrasound and Doctor appointment Wednesday morning at 10:45 and 11:20. I got there at 10:40, and they told me he had just left, but that we would do the ultrasound. So, we did see that. Baby is about 8 pounds and looks good - about the 85% for size. And, it is a girl for sure!

After the ultrasound, they told me to come back at 3:50. I got there, they told me he was there and running on time, so I sat down to wait (after calling Jeff over from work!). Two minutes later, the nurse came out and said he had just been called to a delivery at the hospital and to come back at 4:30. Okay - not in tears yet but close.

4:35 - Dr. won't be back to the office, so can we reschedule for... Now the tears come!

So now my appointment, which I had hoped would lead to an induction and having a baby on the 15th is scheduled for Friday morning. I am his first appointment, so hopefully, I won't get bumped again.

I am so ready to have this baby, especially after seeing the 4D ultrasound yesterday. Wow, is that cool. She looks like Alex did when he was a baby - same chubby cheeks, and what I imagine his nose would have looked like minus the cleft. I tried with all my might to be patient yesterday, as I know when Lucas was born, his entire DAY got bumped (he was up at the hospital with us from 10am -5:30pm), but my anticipation was getting the best of me. Hopefully on Friday, we will have some news as to when Baby Girl will enter the world.

2 comments:

Julie Koppelman said...

Thinking of you and praying that you'll get the news you want tomorrow. I am #1 on the no patience list so I know how frustrating this is.

Laura B. said...

Exciting, Andrea!! I can't wait to hear more news.