Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

Doesn't it seem like just yesterday that we were starting to write 2007 on papers/checks/etc? I can not believe how fast last year went, and how blessed we were during the year. We had many good times, some bad and lots of memories to take with us down the road.

I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve. Jeff and I got all the kids to bed by 9:00 and watched 3 episodes of House. We both were asleep before midnight! Happy New Year, right?!

We talked a lot last night about how we didn't have any plans and how that was okay with us. It's this new world with kids. Four years ago, I would have been out burning the midnight oil, drinking up a storm and chatting up people I didn't know. How parenthood has changed us. Does that make us old? Nah - just parents!

So, as it is the new year, I suppose it's on to the resolutions. I don't really have any, per se. Of course I am working on losing the baby weight, but really I think I will just try to appreciate every moment of this year and step back, take a breath and enjoy all of the gifts God has given me. Oh - I take that back. One resolution...I will not procrastinate ALL of my master's work to the last week during 2008. Ha - that'll last maybe one semester!

Have a great week. To all my teacher buddy's returning to school this week, have a great start!

1 comment:

Laura B. said...

A nice reflection on your year, Andrea, and a good attitude about the one we're now in!

Happy New Year!