
Happy Saturday. Happy, busy Saturday! Lis and I spent all day today at my parents' preparing for her baptism tomorrow. First of all, I can't believe she is already two months old - yep that's today! And I can't believe that tomorrow is her special day! We spent today getting the food made, tables set up, cleaning, etc. etc. etc. Her baptism is going to be at 11 am at our church and my brothers will be serving as her godparents (they've been for all the kids) and we are expecting quite a few extended family members. I am also excited because the music team I am part of, Voices of the Cross (VoC), is leading worship tomorrow, so I'll be singing for some of the service and they will be doing a special song for her as well. Here's a picture of her in her baptismal gown. I bought it on ebay. So here's my bargain - brand new! Retail Price: $115 . Ebay (INCLUDING shipping and insurance): $47. It is so, so beautiful! I wish the picture could do it justice! And the blanket was given to her by VoC, so that is special as well.


I am pretty excited and a tad emotional about tomorrow. Jeff and I bought a baptism gift for her this summer at the National Cathedral in DC, a cross that says "God Danced the Day You Were Born." My mom also found my cross necklace I was given for my baptism, so she will wear that tomorrow as well. As we head into tomorrow and prepare for her welcome into the church, we feel so blessed and thankful that God has given us these three little ones. Lisa's name means "God's Promise" or "Sacred to God," and we do feel that Lisa is such a wonderful culmination of the promises God gave us with these three!
More pics to come tomorrow!
2 comments:
Beautiful! Enjoy tomorrow!
What a precious little girl. I'll be thinking of your family today!
Post a Comment